1. A number of Georgia entrepreneurs have established local businesses that have grown into national company, and an international company. What are they? (4)
2. Throughout the state's history, Georgia's economy has prospered largely to climate and location. What goods and services has Georgia produced for each time period?
Post War- 20th Century (1865-1940)
Complete Civil Rights Packet for Gradebook
1. Which legislative prohibited discrimination based on color, race, or religion in public places?
2. What event led the U.S. into WWII?
3. What were the Southerners objecting to in the "nullification controversy?"
4. Georgia's location has made it a center of in the South?
5. What is a fee paid for using someone else's money?
Complete page 1-14 study packet
Field Trip meeting April 23
1. What are the 5 causes of the American Revolution?
2. What were the causes of the Civil War? (10)
I can recall information taught about...
Complete both classroom handouts- Due Friday
1. Is GA located in the Northern or Southern hemisphere?
2. Is GA located in the Eastern or Western hemisphere?
3. This feature flows along GA's eastern border.
4. Forts were built here to defend the early settlements of GA.
5. The geographical boundary divide GA's sources of water.
6. This major river provides drinking water for Georgian's and forms part of the state's western border.
I can describe the impact of WWII in Georgia's development
Study Milestone Packet
Finish Great Depression Questions
1. List 3 things Georgia contributed to the war effects of WWI.
2. The Great Depression was not caused by one particular thing. It was a result of serious economic problems coming together- Name a few.
I can make a plan of action to prepare for the Georgia Milestone
Complete New Deal Cloze Notes
Get Quiz Signed
1. Disenfranchise means to deny the right to......
2. A ______ test measures a person's ability to read.
3. The ______ party was behind the disenfranchisement of blacks in the late 1800's.
4. Who founded the NAACP?
5. What did the Jim Crow laws accomplish?
Page 232 in notebook- Comprehension Questions- front/back- This will be for a grade
Study- Be ready for another quiz on Tuesday- New South, WWI
What is your plan for getting ready for the Georgia Milestone test?
Be specific for each class
Georgia Stories (6)
Quiz Over SS8H7> Study
Milestone Review Packet
1. Which Georgia hero used guerrilla tactics during the Revolutionary War?
2. Who was murdered by Creek Indians force ceding all of the remaining Creek land in Georgia?
3. What battle field was the site of a famous speech by President Lincoln?
4. In the Civil War, which general burned Atlanta and marched his men to the Georgia coast?
1. Answer all comprehension questions on the last page of your cloze notes
2. Watch the following videos on gpb.com - Georgia Stories
Write 3 facts from each video on the provided handout
-Rebecca Latimer Felton
-New South and Leo Frank
-Race Riot of 1906
3. Complete the Unit 6 Graphic Organizer
Table of Contents
1. Getting to know you