1. The crest of the Appalachian mountains form the ___________ _____________ which divides the direction in which rivers drain.
2. The Chattahoochee river begins in the ______ _______ __________ and empty's into the ___________________.
3. List 3 reasons why the Chattahoochee river is important to Georgia.
Georgia's Prehistoric Past
Work on Project- Bring your goodies on Tuesday
1. What is the smallest region of Georgia?
2. The highest and largest group of mountains are found in which region?
3. Which region makes up about 1/3 of the state's land area?
4. What major cities are located along the fall line?
5. What is the largest swamp in North America?
Regions of Georgia - SS8G1
Work on project
*Bring junk to work on project in class on Tuesday, September 3,2013
1. What Agriculture products are grown in the coastal plains?
2. What minerals are found in the Appalachian Plateau?
3. Rolling hills and valleys; about 500 feet above sea level; areas of solid rock; red clay soil; many streams and rivers cross this region?
4. This region covers all of GA south of the fall line, nearly 60%.
5. Which states border GA?
Regions in Georgia
Work on advertisement project- be ready to show me your progress on Thursday.
True or False - If false, explain why
1. Georgia is part of a region of the U.S. known as the East?
2. Georgia is East of the Prime Meridian?
3. The Prime Meridian runs through Washington, DC?
4. Georgia is located in the Northern hemisphere?
Regions of Georgia
See you at Casino Night :)
1. What are the water resources in Blue Ridge, Ridge & Valley, and the Appalachian Plateau?
2. What is the highest point in Georgia?
3. In which region is Lookout Mountain located?
4. Which rivers begin in the Blue Ridge region?
5 Geographic Regions of Georgia
1. The earth can be divided into 4 hemispheres. What are they? Name the dividing lines for each.
2. Why was Greenwich, England chosen as 0 degrees longitude?
3. What is the 180 degree meridian half way around the world from the Prime Meridian making a starting point for counting time on earth?
4. Which coordinate is listed first when indicating coordinate locations?
Georgia's 5 geographic regions and key physical features.
Page 11 in your notebook (Unit 1 GEOG of GA.)
1. Geographically, Georgia is a diverse state. List the 5 physiographic regions of Georgia.
2. Which geographic region of Georgia do you live in?
3. What does the word hemisphere mean?
Geographic Regions of Georgia
Have a nice weekend
1. What is the coordinates of Douglas County?
2. Name the regions of the WORLD in which you live:
A. two hemispheres
D. 3 other regions
3. What is know as the line that separates the North from the South in the United States?
4. True or False? Today, most Georgians live in rural areas?
5. BONUS- How many miles is Georgia from North to South? How many miles is Georgia from East to West?
SS8G1b- Physiographic Regions of Georgia
AGENDA: Mark your calendar for a VERY important meeting about the over night 8th Grade Field Trip
Tuesday, August 20 at 5:30 in the Café
Tuesday, August 20
1. According to the US Census Bureau, the U.S. consist of 4 principal regions. What are they?
2. Which principal region is Georgia located?
3. List the intermediate directions:
4. Explain why your street address is one type of absolute location.
5. Describe Georgia's relative location to it's border states.
SS8G1- Locate Georgia: region, nation, continent & hemisphere. 5 geographic regions
Complete task 1-2
Table of Contents
1. Getting to know you