May 19th, Tuesday will be a B-Day, please come prepared for those classes. On Tuesday, 8th Grade will have a graduation rehearsal during the school day. I will also send home caps and gowns for Graduation.
May 20th, Wednesday is a FULL DAY of school. It will be a B-Day (classes will be shortened)
We will have quiz bowl at 8:30
6/7th grade awards will be at 1pm
May 21st, Thursday is MS field day and Graduation
· Participation in field day – Student who have received two or more write-ups second semester may not participate. Students who have not completed all 20 volunteer hours may not participate. It will be a regular day of school for those students.
· Graduation: Ceremony will begin at 7pm. 8th grade students must be in their cap and gown and in the café by 6:45pm. Attire for the ceremony is “a nice outfit”. It is not a formal event. We would like students looking nice (for example, a Sunday service). Please no jeans, gym shoes, casual clothes, please) Please also follow dress code for 8th grade dance for dresses.
o After the ceremony, please return gowns. Students may keep the caps, tassels, and any other adornment they receive that night.
· ATTENTION 7th GRADE PARENTS – We have a tradition of 7th Grade parents helping with the reception after graduation so that 8th grade parents can enjoy the evening with their families. If you are able to help, please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org. We would need about 6-8 helpers to set-up the café, serve food and drinks during the reception, and help clean up.
May 22nd, Friday – Dismissal is at 1:00pm
· We will have a 7/8th grade breakfast at 8:15. We need to have
· 8th Grade farewell walk will be at 9am.
· We have created a sign up genius to help organize the food. Please go to the following website and let us know what you can share: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C084AAFAB29A4FB6-78th
· We will have time to sign yearbooks after the 8th grade walk.
Important information for 8th Grade
Once you receive your final report card, you will need to register with the county for high school. I will include the registration papers in the envelope. You will need to go to the DOE office on Bill Arp (4841 Bill Arp Road (Highway 5), Douglasville, GA 30135). Their hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. I suggest that you do it earlier in the summer. If you wait until the end of July, the line is crazy long. If you do not register, your child will not be able to attend high school in the fall until you complete the necessary paperwork.