SS6G4 - Cultural characteristics of people who live in Latin America and the Caribbean
1. I can describe the results of blending of ethnic groups in Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. I can explain why Latin America is a region based on the languages of Portuguese and Spanish.
3. I can evaluate how the literacy rate affects the standard of living.
SS6CG1 - Compare and contrast various forms of government
1. I can describe the ways government systems distribute power: unitary, confederation, and federal.
2. I can explain how governments determine citizen participation: autocratic, oligarchic, and democratic.
3. I can describe the two predominant forms of democratic governments: parliamentary and presidential.
MONDAY - 10/20 - PPT and graphic organizer in class
HOMEWORK - Blending of Ethnic GRoups - read and answer
TUESDAY - 10/21 - With computers, students work in pairs to complete graphic organizer while reading through the PPT
HOMEWORK - LA Region and its Languages - read and answer
WEDNESDAY - 10/22 - Students complete a foldable while learning about the three types of government from the PPT
HOMEWORK - Standard of Living - read and answer
THURSDAY - 10/23 - Students make word cards for the three types of government and complete an informal quiz about the types of government by holding up the card the situation describes.
FRIDAY - 10/24 - Students complete a foldable while learning how power is distributed in various forms of government; then students work in pairs to complete question sheet (self-checking in class)
Mrs. Beck's Math and Social Studies Classes